Now Hiring: Strategy Director (Full-Time / Los Angeles, CA)
ROSEWOOD is looking for a Strategy Director to who lives and breathes the social media landscape, applies a consultative approach to client work and practices a collaborative, player-coach management style. For the ideal candidate, the digital ecosystem is your playground and you have more expertise in consumer behavior across social platforms than anyone else you (or we) have ever met. As the Strategy Director, you will lead a team of savvy, socially native strategists to concept big-picture ideas, analyze data and marketplace trends, derive actionable insights and develop innovative data-driven strategies for clients.
- Oversee social strategy across all clients, taking accountability for growing new and existing business.
- Provide sound business justification for recommendations based on market trends, audience insights, past campaign data and past experience.
- Serve as the foremost expert on social platform consumer behavior, trends and best practices to develop innovative content and strategies delivering across client needs, behaviors and expectations.
- Work with individual account strategists to guide our most senior clients towards bold and innovative solutions.
- Proactively identify category, brand, cultural and consumer trends that highlight opportunities for client brand and business.
- Partner with creative, production and account team leads to develop and execute best-in-class brand strategies and social marketing campaigns.
- Partner with leadership team on new business presentations.
- Uncover opportunities for new projects/campaigns across existing clients.
- Lead our strategy team to ensure expert translation of social insights into inspiring briefs/ road maps for our clients.
- Oversee the creation of detailed, yet simple presentations that tell compelling stories.
- Act as trusted thought leader who finds the best approach to clearly present data that drives innovation and big-picture idea concepting.
- Mastery of all social channels and how to maximize awareness and engagement for target audiences online; regular use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, musical.ly, Pinterest, and GIPHY.
- 6-8 years of digital strategy, social media management and advertising experience required (brand or agency).
- 3+ years experience managing teams within a fast-paced agency environment.
- BA/BS Degree (a graduate degree in relevant area is a plus).
- Proven track record of successfully leading clients into new strategic areas.
- Expert familiarity with emerging digital trends and technologies.
- Familiarity with research methodologies and brand and marketing models.
- Deep experience creating brand strategy and defining brand equity.
- Practiced ability using brand strategy to inform creative direction and design, specifically in social media/advertising.
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Keynote fluency.
- Familiarity with holistic ecosystem of digital marketing channels, including web, email, social media, paid and earned media.
- Ability to own a room. You are a master with brand storytelling and confident pitching directly to clients.
- Expert ability to work with and manage across different personalities and disciplines to push work forward.
- Innately curious, with insight into human behavior and an instinct for popular culture.
- Willing to do what it takes to be the best.
- A leader who the team can depend on.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment with enthusiastic Teammates.
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven.
Must submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Strategy Director: First/Last Name" in the subject line or your application will not be considered.